Most of the Netgear wireless router users often face some difficulty to log in to the router login page. Sometimes Netgear users get the search results instead of router admin login page. Mostly the users get to that page where it’s written you are not connected to a Netgear wireless network. The Netgear Genie web-based interface allows you to access the router login page doesn’t require internet. Connect that device with Netgear wireless network from which you are trying to log in to the Netgear router. Well, it’s easy to reach the Netgear Genie login page by entering www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of the browser. Make sure you are typing routerlogin.net in the address bar, not in the search bar of the web browser.
If you are not able to set up the internet connection with the Netgear router, try setting up the router manually. Netgear router setup is not much complex if users follow the instructions from a Netgear website. Low version of the web browser can cause some compatibility problem with Netgear Genie web-based interface and receives an error message router login.net refused to connect. Resolve the Netgear login issue by using the latest web browser available in your computer. There are some easy ways to log in to the Netgear router which we will be going to explain in this article.
Step by step guide to log in to the Netgear wireless router with different ways:
1. Log in to your Netgear router from a computer using www.routerlogin.net web address.
Nothing annoys more than the error message routerlogin.net refused to connect. The main reason is an outdated firmware or set up of the Netgear router gives you an error. If any of you facing routerlogin.net refused to connect issue the first step you should take the power cycle of the Netgear wireless router. If the problem is still there and you are not able to figure out the problem, Reset the Netgear router. Press and hold down the reset button for 10 seconds located at the back of the router. The main reason for not connecting to the internet is outdated firmware. Make sure you have updated the firmware of the Netgear wireless router.
Ensure the Ethernet cables should be connected well from the modem to the WAN port of the Netgear router. Connect the device with the wired connection or a wireless connection to log in to the Netgear Genie page. Now lets head to the steps for login to the Netgear router using routerlogin.net web address.
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Type www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com in the address bar of the web browser.
- Netgear router page would appear asking for username and password.
- The default username is admin and the default password is a password.
- Click on sign in and log in to the Netgear router admin page.
2. Log in to your Netgear router from a computer using a Netgear Genie app.
Netgear Genie app is the shortest and easiest way to access the Netgear router admin page. Now control and monitor your devices from the Netgear Genie app for windows platform. Netgear users often face some difficulties to update the firmware of the Netgear router. If users encounter any problem to access the routerlogin.net web page, Netgear Genie app is the shortest way to update the firmware of the router. Type in the credentials in the Netgear Genie app and click on the prompted firmware update available in the genie app. Download the latest version of the Netgear Genie app from the official Netgear website and control all the wireless devices from just one app.
Netgear Genie Smart Setup delivers an easy way to set up the Netgear router. Connect your Netgear with the modem via Ethernet cable and follow the instructions of Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard. Netgear Genie allows you to automatically configure the IP address for the Netgear router and install the Netgear router with just a few steps. Forget about that hassle when routers need MAC cloning to get the internet from a modem. Now the Netgear genie smart setup configures the router without any MAC cloning and even suggests you the best mode (router mode or access point) available according to the modem. Log in to the Netgear Genie to set up the Netgear router with the steps below.
- Download the Netgear Genie app according to the version of the windows computer.
- Create the username and password for the Netgear Genie login.
- Launch the Netgear Genie app and enter the credentials to log in to the Netgear router.
- Follow the instructions of the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
- Log in to the Netgear Genie app to access parental control settings or update the firmware of the router with just one tap on the computer.
3. Log in to your Netgear router from a smartphone using the Nighthawk app.
Netgear Nighthawk app is a smartphone application which is available for both Android and iOS platform. The Nighthawk app allows users to manage, monitor and control the settings of the Netgear Nighthawk router. Now access the home network settings and change the SSIS or password with the help of the Nighthawk app. A simple dashboard is provided by Netgear Nighthawk app to set up the Nighthawk router and increase the security level of the router with the firmware upgrade assistant. Remote management enables access to router settings from anywhere with internet access.
It’s fun to manage the Netgear router with the help of the Nighthawk app. Netgear Nighthawk app now supports a single sign-in feature which allows users to access the router settings with just a password. Log in to the Netgear router and access the admin page and control the home network from a smartphone or iPad. With the Nighthawk app, you can connect your printer with WPS(Wireless protected setup) and upgrade the firmware of the router. The Nighthawk app is compatible with all Netgear AC series router. Netgear AC series router is known for its best performance and high range. Follow the steps below to log in to your Netgear router with Nighthawk app.
- Download the Nighthawk app from google play store or Appstore platform.
- Click the first result and Tap on install.
- Follow the instructions to finish the Nighthawk app setup.
- Tap the Nighthawk app icon and enter the credentials to log in.
- Control the home network from a smartphone.
4. Log in to your Netgear router from a computer using the default IP address.
To gain access to the configuration page of the Netgear router, Enter the default IP address in the address bar of the web browser. Ensure the computer connects with the router with Ethernet cable or wireless.
How to find out the default IP address of the Netgear wireless router?
The default IP address of the Netgear router is 192.168.1.1. If you are using modem cum router then the default IP address is 192.168.0.1. The IP address would be different If you already set up the router in access point mode.
How to check the IP address of the Netgear router from a computer?
If you want to check the IP address of the Netgear router, Open the network connections window in the computer. Press and hold down the windows key and letter “R” from the keyboard of the computer. A run box would come up on the computer screen. Type ncpa.cpl command in the run box and click on ok button. Right click on the Wi-Fi network and choose the status option. If you connect the router with the Ethernet cable then right click on the Local Area Connection. Check the ipv4 default gateway address to find out the IP address of the Netgear router.
Follow the steps below to log in to your Netgear router using the default IP address.
- Launch the latest web browser from the computer.
- Type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 IP in the address bar of the web browser.
- Hit the enter key after typing the IP address in the web browser.
- Enter the username and password to log in to Netgear Genie interface.
- Click on sign in to log in to Netgear router login web page.
- Follow the Netgear smart setup wizard instructions to set up the router and change the SSID and password.
5. Log in to your Netgear router from a computer using the run command.
Most of the router login issues come across due to the web browser. Sometimes the web browser is not compatible with Netgear Genie interface which is one of the main reason that you are not able to get to the router login page. You’ll probably need the latest web browser to access the router login web interface. Internet Explorer is the default web browser of the windows computer which is most compatible the router admin page. Always use the internet explorer to log in to the Netgear router login. Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com to access the Netgear Genie from internet explorer web browser.
Netgear users often face some issues to find the internet explorer in their computers. Sometimes the blank web page comes up when you are trying to log in to Netgear router. One of the main reason that you are getting a blank page is the compatibility issue with the web browser. Access the internet explorer from run command if you encounter any problem to find the browser on the computer. Get easy access to the programs and the router settings with the help of the run command. Follow the instructions below to login to your Netgear router using run command.
- Press the windows key + R from the keyboard of the computer to access the run box.
- Type iexplore www.routerlogin.net or iexplore 192.168.1.1in the run box.
- Click the ok button on the run box.
- Netgear router login box appears in the internet explorer web browser.
- Enter the default credentials to log in to the router.
- Click the sign-in button to access the Netgear Genie router page.
- Change the default password the router login to increase the security level of the router admin settings.